MPI Winter Tire Program Eligibility
Car accidents are common worldwide and can happen anytime of the year. Car accidents caused by snowy or icy roads usually results in property damage, severe injuries and even loss of life.
Even if you’re driving safely, winter roads can be slippery. Reduce your risk on the road by purchasing winter tires through a trusted financing program with low-interest rate.
The Winter Tire Program provides low-interest to Manitobans who are eligible for financing at approx. prime plus two percent, on up to $2,000 per vehicle. This financing can be used for the purchase of qualifying winter tires and associated costs.
Simply fill up the form on this page if you are planning to purchase qualifying winter tires and if you want to see if you qualify for the MPI Winter Tire Program. You can freely discuss your program eligibility for the winter tires financing including its monthly payment or preauthorized payments with the program program.
How does the MPI winter tire program work?
The MPI Winter Tire Program is a low-interest financing agency offering financial help to Manitoba residents who need tires financing. Those who are eligible for financing can avail and enjoy the low interest rate of 2% over prime on top of $2,000 in winter tire purchased per vehicle.
It is best to ensure road safety and purchasing winter wheels is your best option. MPI Tire Program is ready to help your winter tire purchase needs. Feel free to visit an autopac agent and open an MPI account. Tire repairs, wheel alignment and winter tire purchase have become easy and affordable with MPI program. Be a Manitoba public insurance customer and enjoy a winter tire financing and great credit solutions at a very reasonable price.
Other than buying winter tires, a driver who qualifies for the MPI can also avail the MPI program for:
· Tire pressure monitoring systems
· Storage costs for winter tires
· Switchover costs
· Valve stems
· Wheel alignment
· Applicable taxes and fees
· Shop supplies
However, here are some exemptions in using the MPI Program:
· Tire repairs
· Storage costs paid during initial purchase
· Switchover costs paid after the initial purchase
Are winter tires mandatory in Manitoba?
Winter tires are recommended and encouraged to all Canadians especially during winter conditions. But in the provinces of Quebec and British Columbia, using winter tires are mandatory. In Winnipeg MB, participating retailers offer retail tire, tire repair and accept tire financing from any tire program. For light truck and other car owners public insurance winter tire program is definitely your best option if you need tire financing.
Are winter tires worth it?
Definitely it’s a big yes. Tires which are branded as all-season tires are truly not for all seasons especially when the temperature already nears freezing. Expert and novice drivers can truly tell the big gap between using all-season tires and winter tires especially during winter seasons.
Manitoba public insurances winter tire has the best credit solutions for your tire financing needs in Winnipeg MB. Your ultimate safety and the performance benefits you get surpass the car’s costs if paid. They have the lowest-interest financing in Winnipeg MB and offer great financial solutions for those who have bad credit car loans. Customers eligible for financing winter tires can choose monthly payment or preauthorized payments to MPI winter tire agency.
What are the benefits of winter tires?
There are 4 good reasons why you need to switch to winter tires and avail Manitoba winter tire financing:
1. Provides more flexibility. If the weather is extremely cold, it causes the all-season tire to harden which lessens the ability of the tire to have a good road grip. Winter tires have a better ability to grip the road. Low temperatures cause the air to become denser thereby lowering the tire pressure. So better prepare to inflate your tires during cold weather. Also, car maintenance including its tires should be regularly done
2. Offers exceptional traction. Offers a cheaper alternative through a unique design allowing them to push snow outward avoiding snow buildup.
3. Offers better steering and braking. The winter tire’s flexibility and softness takes a better grip which prevents it from sliding over slippery surfaces.
4. Reduces Hydroplaning. Lessens chances of losing contact of the cars tires with the road caused by water on the road.
What month should I put winter tires on?
Car and light truck owners are advised not to wait for first patch of black ice to install their winter tires. As soon as the temperature drops to 7°C you need to start to consider changing your tire in order to benefit from increased traction, braking and handling they positively afford.
Are mud and snow tires the same as winter tires?
Winter tires are engineered to provide good traction in deeper snow and sub-zero temperatures. Mud and snow tires perform in lighter snow. But if you consistently drive in 7°C weather conditions, you are advised to change to good winter tires.